Why Bin Twinning & its sister campaigns?
This is the team for you if you love new ideas; strive for open, honest, and trusting working relationships; pursue excellence while accepting that it’s not always possible to get there; dare to fail; embrace learning and enjoy celebrating the successes of those around you.
In 2010, Toilet Twinning was set up as a joint venture of founding charities Cord and Tearfund. Since 2015, it has been the fundraising arm of Tearfund alone.
In March 2020, Tap Twinning was launched in response to the Covid pandemic, and this appeal raised over £600,000 in its first year.
In September 2020, Bin Twinning was launched to raise funds for social enterprises that are being set up to provide rubbish collections and recycling services in poorer nations. It has raised in excess of £250,000 to date.
In May, 2021, as 40 million people face extreme hunger as a result of Covid-19 economics, Toilet Twinning launched the emergency appeal Fridge Twinning. In its first month, it raised nearly £100,000.
This pivotal role will be responsible for generating brand-new fundraising opportunities and maximising existing tactics to achieve a £2m+ fundraising target for 21/22:
- As the prime driver of ambitious income-generating plans across the growing Twinning family of Toilet, Tap, Bin and Fridge Twinning, you will lead and deliver a series of creative campaigns and tactics that attract new support from individuals, churches, schools, groups, volunteers, businesses & high-value donors
- You will manage and implement all digital, print and face-to-face platforms, including a comprehensive face-to-face Christian and secular festival programme that runs from April-September each year. Overseeing networking opportunities will require travel around the UK to deliver income from schools, church denominations, small businesses, major corporates, and UK-wide groups such as Soroptimists, Rotary, Lions and WI
- You will lead on fundraising innovation and product development
- You will raise awareness through media and PR activity
- You will have considerable flair for writing digital and print marketing materials and press releases
- You will oversee and grow the volunteer programme
- You will lead and deliver awareness-raising and income-raising tactics across an annual calendar of awareness days, Harvest services in churches, and the alternative gifts market
- You will review the existing suite of campaigns aimed at supporter retention and community fundraising and deliver new opportunities for supporters to get involved in online fundraising, virtual events and sporty fundraising across Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning and Twinning appeals
- By deploying your expertise in cross-selling, you will introduce supporters to the entire Twinning family: toilets, taps, bins and emergency appeals
- You will liaise with the CEO on bespoke relationship management with any group, school, church, business or individual that wishes to make a significant donation
- You will identify any likely obstacles in delivering the fundraising strategy and work with the CEO to take mitigating action.
You will be constantly on the look-out for ways to innovate and maximise our creativity and effectiveness. You will be instrumental in seeing an increase in the engagement of individuals, schools, groups, churches and businesses across the UK.
You will report monthly on the progress of your annual fundraising plan, and track related KPIs
Toilet Twinning CEO
Close working relationships
Fundraising Administrators (2x part-time)
Office Manager / fulfilment team
Social media, media and PR external consultants and agencies
- You will need to be willing to be flexible in terms of working hours during campaigns and special projects
- You may need to travel across the UK to maximise networking and other face-to-face opportunities
- You will need to be willing to attend weekend and week-long events that take place across the year – particularly, but not solely, in the months of April, June, July and August
- You may be called upon to help provide surge capacity in Toilet Twinning’s peak activity periods when this small charity requires everyone to be available to work in the Head Office to get twins in the post – especially in the lead-up to Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Christmas
- The Fundraising Lead may also be required to undertake other activities as deemed appropriate by the Leadership Team, to support activities that contribute to the growth and sustainability of Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning and Twinning Appeals.
Closing date for applications: 16th July
Interviews for this role: 21st July
You can download the job description here.
For more information please email us