Digital Communications Lead
Why Toilet Twinning
This role enables you to join a charity initiative that is passionate about extending the reach of the global programmes of international Christian NGO Tearfund. We do this so that impoverished families are empowered to change their circumstances, and ultimately take small but hugely significant steps towards overcoming generational poverty.
This is the team for you if you love new ideas; strive for open, honest and trusting working relationships; pursue excellence while accepting that it’s not always possible to get there; dare to fail; embrace learning; try again; and enjoy celebrating the successes of those around you.
To project manage the delivery of Toilet Twinning’s digital projects. This will involve working with the senior leadership team, external agencies and cross-organisational stakeholders to ensure aligned timeframes, necessary documentation and to deliver key project milestones.
Among your work will be the mission-critical replatforming project that involves simplifying three websites into a single website that houses the current Twinning product range of Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning and Fridge Twinning – and enables further expansion.
We need an experienced end-to-end consultant project manager to manage the scoping phase, oversee the appointment of an external company, and then work with the selected supplier to steer the project through implementation phases to successful completion that is on time, on budget and to internal stakeholders’ satisfaction.
In 2020, Toilet Twinning started to expand its product range:
- Tap Twinning was launched in March 2020 on the Toilet Twinning website, to help fund a global Covid awareness-raising campaign: www.toilettwinning.org
- Bin Twinning was launched in September 2020 as an Environmental and Economic Sustainability project – and had its own website with its own brand: www.bintwinning.org
- Fridge Twinning was launched in May 2021 as an emergency food appeal linked to a famine/hunger crisis created by Covid-related economics. An appeals website was created as a sub-domain of Toilet Twinning: www.appeals.toilettwinning.org
We need to consolidate and build on the rapid growth of the Twinning campaigns by creating an agile website platform that enables the Twinning initiative to look after supporters really well, and implement further innovation in an ever-changing environment.
- Deliver digital and technical projects – accountability for delivery to time, cost and quality and with defined KPIs, aiming to optimise user experience whenever possible
- Create a project brief for the replatforming project that involves simplifying three separate websites into a single website that houses the current Twinning product range of Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning and Fridge Twinning – and enables further expansion.
- Review all current products, fulfilment requirements, supporter journeys and current systems
- Create a website strategy for future-proofing that gives Toilet Twinning the ability to expand the product-led campaign with further Twinning products
- Engage and liaise with external agencies and suppliers as required.
- Invite tenders from suppliers, appoint suppliers and agree a timeline for the project
- Implement a project plan with relevant phasing – eg. discover, define, develop and deliver
- Complete and share key project documentation
- Oversee User Acceptance Testing and CMS training for ongoing website maintenance
- Oversee the delivery of a CRM as part of the project cycle
- Personally deliver CRM training or source external training
- Manage all checkpoints/sign off stages of digital projects
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders
- Report and update key stakeholders on progress when necessary
- Oversee project closure with the completion of a learning report
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing how your experience, skills and personal qualities relate to the Job Description, to [email protected]
Toilet Twinning will not be able to accept any applications that are received after the closing date. We are a small charity initiative, and unable to give feedback if your application is unsuccessful on this occasion.
For more information, please download the full job description here.
The deadline for applications – 10th January 2022